Five great principles of Gandhi that I cherish to follow and practice are
1) Patience: It enabled him to be tolerant during the tough situations.
2) Perseverance: Determined and repeated efforts proved successful.
3) Modesty: Simplicity and Humility are hallmarks.
4) Peace lover: He invented the concepts of Nonviolence (Ahimsa) and Non-Cooperation movements against the British government. But at the same time, he volunteered to serve the soldiers during the wartime also.
5) Pious: He acted based on the inner instinct or call, which he identified as God. This manifested as honesty to the core.